WHAT [is Rotary Gives 100]
The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie is turning 100 and we want to say "thank you" to the community that has supported us every step of the way by giving away $100,000. The Rotary club will distribute $50,000 to partner youth charities doing good in our community. The other $50,000 will be given through one-time donations of up to $5,000 to groups, individuals, and charities that have unique needs or innovative projects. A selection committee will review applications for support and make funding selections based on merit, including the uniqueness of projects, activities and ideas described with preference given to projects that focus on youth.
WHO [can apply]
To be eligible, each request must meet the criteria listed below in order to be considered by our selection committee:
- The money is to go towards a project in Sault Ste. Marie (surrounding areas will be considered based on merit of project)
- Each donation awarded should be sufficient enough to fully complete the project that is being applied for
- Successful applicants must initiate their project as soon as possible and complete it by the end of 2018
- Each donation should improve the quality of life of one or more people for which the donation was intended
- The money is not intended for fundraising campaigns that have large capital costs and/or long term objectives
- Applicants may be individuals, groups, or local charities
- Applications with an emphasis on youth will receive priority
WHEN [it's happening]
Applications will be accepted up to Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 5PM. All applicants will be contacted by Wednesday, March 28, 2018 as to whether their application was successful. The funds will be distributed throughout 2018 at the discretion of the Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie.
HOW [can I apply]
Thank you to all those who put time and effort into applying for Rotary Gives 100. The application process is now closed. All applicants will be contacted by Wednesday, March 28, 2018 as to whether their application was successful.